PRIDE Industries operates an Employment Services Internship Program, which provides a path for people with disabilities – including veterans and at-risk youth – to get their foot in the door or start a new career.
PRIDE’s internship program offers up to 250 hours of paid work experience within PRIDE or with a community employer partner. Our internships are available for individuals with disabilities with a referral from the CA Department of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Through the internship, individuals get hands-on experience and gain essential skills while working in a safe, supportive environment. For people with little to no work experience, it provides a good resume builder and an opportunity to develop confidence in their abilities.
- Work with a job developer to create/revise a resume
- Practice interview skills
- Improve workplace etiquette and skills
- Search for permanent employment
- Internships are initiated through client referrals from the CA Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- PRIDE’s Employment Services division comprised of Job Developers determines if a client referral from the Department of Rehabilitation would benefit from a limited paid internship
- Internships are for adults with disabilities, including veterans, with limited work experience or difficulty obtaining employment due to their disability
- Internships are currently only available in Northern California and surrounding areas
“I’m proud of my accomplishments at my job. This has taught me patience and teamwork, and I have learned skills needed for my future.”